Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Filing and extension issues

Hello Forum !!

I am currently having a H1-B that was i got it in the lottery with effect from Oct 2007. At that time i was on L2 Visa and switched to H1B in Aug 08. I just worked for 2 months and had to return back to India for personal reason in Oct 08[ before that i was working in L2 from Jan 06 - Jun 08 ]. I have a valid H1-B Visa stamping till sept 2010. Now i am planning to come to US on H1-B in Apr 10, and want to file extension for my H1-B

My Question is :

1) If due to personal reasons i am not able to come in Apr 10 , i know i am eligible for getting another H1-B Subject to cap as i was out of US for more that a year , if i apply my new H1 for 2011 Quota in Apr 10 and get the approval [ Usually we get the approval somewhere around june/July ] but i get a job in US somewhere in june 10. Can i use my existing H1-B [ the old one which is stamped ] with out impacting the current one.I mean will there be any impact of the validity of the new H1B petition.

2) I also want to know say if i come there on H4 in July 10 and i had applied a new H1 in Apr 10 , can i apply thru a Change of status while applying itself [ which wud be done in apr 10 , while i am in india ] or does it have to be consular processing

3) Also i wud like to know what is the minimal time frame before which i shud be in US , so as to file an extension for existing H1-B . Technically i understand , u have to file the H1-B extension just even a day before the petition end date. but i need couple of pay stubs to file . So i was think if my extension is due in Sept 30 2010 , if i come to US by May 2010 , will be ok for the extension.Will filing Premium processing of H1B impacts the outcome any ways.

I am extremely apologetic for framing so many combinational questions, but my current situation is like that. Kindly help me out with your responses and suggestions.

1. New H1 is valid from Oct. If your visa expires, how can you come in June? You can get new visa that would be valid only from Oct 2010.

2. NA. See above. (Status is when you're physically in US. New H1 is always applicable from Oct)

3. Yes. No impact.
    Last edited by sk4ih; 01-10-2010, 11:43 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X