Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renew H1b - Need help

Hi,

I got my H1b stamped in Jan 2008. Went to US in Aug 08 and stayed there till Jan 09. During my period of stay there I didn't get a job and my employer didn't run the pay roll for that period. After that i returned back to India. I need few clarifications on this,

1] Is it possible to enter back into US if I have a latest offer letter from the same employer?
    2] How to extend my visa? If possible how long should I stay there to get my H1b renewed?
    3] As my employer didn't run the pay roll for 4 months period of stay there, will it create any problem if I go for L1 through any other employer here in India?

Thanks in advance.

1) Yes
    2) You can extend H1 while in US. Until old H1 expiry.
    3) No

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Can you please tell me - to renew visa, how long should I stay there,before my visa expires?

Comment

There is no such thing. Visa is an entry document to U.S. If you are already in U.S, then you need to extend your petition before your current I-94 expires (you will get the extension with a new I-94 that determine until when you can stay in U.S). If you are outside U.S, then you will need a valid visa to enter U.S. If you don't have a valid visa, then you need to go for stamping with a valid petition.

Originally posted by yadav View Post
        Thanks for your reply. Can you please tell me - to renew visa, how long should I stay there,before my visa expires?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your response. I heard from somebody that I have to be there in US for at least 6 months before my valid visa get expired in order to go for new extension. Is that true?

Also
          "3] As my employer didn't run the pay roll for 4 months period of stay there, will it create any problem if I go for L1 through any other employer here in India?"

I have got SSN when I stayed there. I heard if I go for another visa (say L1) there will be too many question in the Personal appearance. Is that true?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Answers in order of questions:

No

No

No.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...