Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Stamping Information

Hi,
    I transfered my job couple years back. I had a stamp of an old employer on my visa and i travelled on it with a new petition. I got an extension just couple of days back. So now i am trying to get my visa stampled from toronto. In the application will it be a new H1 or an extension?
    Please advice
    thansk

What application/form/question?
    In your own words, it is extension.

Comment

At the time of taking an appointment(nvar), the system asks me whether it is a new H1 or an extension. What should i select?

Comment

If your current H1B visa stamp has expired 12 months ago, then you cannot select renewal (This is very clearly mentioned while making the selection before creating the application). If not, then you can select 'renewal' (If you are going for the stamping of the same visa type that is current valid/expired (within 12 month) in your passport.

Originally posted by Manu1981 View Post
        At the time of taking an appointment(nvar), the system asks me whether it is a new H1 or an extension. What should i select?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I have a similar question. My H1B stamping expired over a year ago. Its the same employer. Now do I apply for a new H1B (since its expired over a year ago) or just do an Extension?

also, can i go to mexico?

Comment

Answers below.

Originally posted by Ruben View Post
            I have a similar question. My H1B stamping expired over a year ago. Its the same employer. Now do I apply for a new H1B (since its expired over a year ago) or just do an Extension?

>>> Are you talking about extension from within U.S or Visa stamping? If you are talking about visa stamping, then you need to answer "No" to the below question.

"Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?"

also, can i go to mexico?
            >>> Check the eligibility here https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/v...ico/index.html
            Last edited by shervin143; 01-11-2010, 05:19 PM.
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X