My H1B Stamping expired over a year ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My H1B Stamping expired over a year ago

I have to take an appointment for restamping of my H1-B Visa. I am planning to take it in Mexico.

Now.. I've heard a case where its not renewal of H1-B anymore (since my stamping is expired more than a year ago), and it would be visa re-issue in my case. Is it True?

I have been in the US for 8 years, on F1 and H1. The first H1B stamping (which is now expired) was done in Canada. I can usually do it in Canada or Mexico, but in mycase, will mexico take my applciation? since I hear Mexico off late is doing only same type visa renewals only and not anything to do with change of visa status.. (like F1 to new-H1 or H4 to new-H1),
    Is my situation (expired over a year ago) something like h1 to new-H1??

I'd like answers from those who went to stamping after their stamping was expired over a year ago!

There is nothing like visa renewal or re-issue.

You can apply for any visa if you've proper documentation for that.
    You did not mention what is your status in US now, so can't tell it's new H1.

If you're on H1 extension, you can go to Mexico/Canada for H1 visa stamping.

Search the forum for posts on Mexico/Canada stamping.

Comment

Originally posted by sk4ih View Post
      There is nothing like visa renewal or re-issue.

You can apply for any visa if you've proper documentation for that.
      You did not mention what is your status in US now, so can't tell it's new H1.

If you're on H1 extension, you can go to Mexico/Canada for H1 visa stamping.

Search the forum for posts on Mexico/Canada stamping.

sorry for the wront terms. I meant, should I select "New Visa" or 'Extension". I read that if my visa is expired 12 months ago, I should select "New" not extension. If I do so, can I still go to mexico for stamping.

I am on H1B Visa right now. Renewed i797, but not stamped in the passport.
      Last edited by Ruben; 01-11-2010, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Yes, you can go.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X