X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old I-94 Query

Hi,

This time I need the clarification.

My Wife applied for H4 /I-94 extension in JUL'2008 (her I-94 was valid till 25th SEP'2008). But she travelled to India(while the H4 application was in process) and submitted her I-94 at the airport .

(1) In the meantime while she was in India - she received the H4 extended approval notice in OCT (valid till FEB'2010) with the same I-94 number( which she submitted while going back).

(2) She came back in DEC'2008 and got the new I-94 at POE (with a new number valid again till Feb'2010).

(3) In the meantime we lost the I-94 we received as part of the approval notice.but still have the new I-94 received in DEC at POE.

(4) After that she went to India again in MAY'2009 (submitted the I-94 of DEC) and came back in JUL'2009 (got another I-94 till FEB'2010)

So my question is
    (a) does the I-94 of the approval notice still matters or it must have been closed (when she submitted it while going back to India but before the approval notice came as both have the same numbers)

(b) As it is lost -even if we apply for a duplicate (by I-102) - will not CBP/USCIS will issue a duplicate I-94 for the latest one (which we received in JUL'2009) and which we have already.

Thanks in advance

--Regards,
    Abhay

When you depart the U.S., you surrender all the I-94 forms you have at that time.

When you enter the U.S., you get a new I-94 (one form), and that is what you keep until you depart again.

As long as you did that, you are fine.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

You are good. She received this I-94 when she is out of the country (Technically the extension should have got denied).

But still, it is advisable to have all the I-94's safe and return when you leave. Make a copy of your I-94's incase you miss them and need to request a duplicate.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks.

My doubt is
        I-94 number which we received as part of the approval notice in AUG'2008( which we have lost) and the latest I-94 number which she has received at POE in JUL'2009 are different.

My concern is WHETHER my wife is having two I-94 records/numbers against her -one old (approval notice one) and other latest one
        As now we cannot return the old-I94 because it is lost so WILL THAT record remains open forever and will show it as an illegal stay? OR the Latest I-94 overwrites the old I-94 (even if it is not returned)

Secondly , can we apply/is it possible for a duplicate for an Old I-94 of 2008 instead of the latest one which we received in JUL'2009

thanks and regards,
        Abhay
        Last edited by abhayg4; 01-14-2010, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Can Anybody Share his/her views regarding this issue.

Thanks and regards,
          Abhay

Comment

Latest POE I-94 is her I-94 for all purposes. There is only one record.
            This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

I-94 forgot to submit

Dear Friends,
              I have traveled to USA on B1/B2 Visa to attend conference in United Nations and Georgetown University for 10 days in 2007. In my return journey, i forgot to submit my 1-94 form to airline officer and he also not teared it from my passport. In fact i didn't know that i have to submit it as it was my first international travel.
              Fortunately, The original I-94 card was with me, including slips of my air tickets which was booked by Georgetown University.
              Later on, in 2008 or 09, I realized about my mistake by my friend in USA that i had to submit it and my departure record is not recorded there properly. I search on net to solve this problem and on USA's government website i found the procedure to submit originial I 94 form and other details like credit card statement, bank statement, FDs, New passport, Mobile Bills etc to DHS office at London, Kentuky. I have posted all the hard copies to concern office including airline latter mentioning that i have traveled with them to London and Mumbai From Washington and an explanation Latter. Problem is they never respond for our application and we have to be in suspense situation that what will happen if we go to USA next time. I also have all the copies of entire application and submitted documents. After 6 months, i have also send one latter to respond about the correction in my record but i not got any latter from them. I have followed each and every procedure they mentioned on website but still in black that if i go to USA what will happen?
              Can some one suggest me what should i do? Do they correct my departure record? If not then what should i do? I want to travel to USA but still this confusion is there.
              Your prompt reply would appreciated.
              Thanks.
              Last edited by budhan; 04-11-2010, 11:58 PM. Reason: Some corrections

Comment

They would have corrected it. Just carry the documents to support your claim. I don't think you would need to worry so much about this. If this is still not corrected, then you would know when you go for stamping.
                Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X