H1B renewal Stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B renewal Stamping

I need some urgent help, I am traveling to India next month, i need to renew my H1B stamping.My visa has been expired Sep 08 and i got approved i-797,
    My problem is I had a DWI last year with an accident (hit mail box) , but i was not convicted in Court since it was my first offense and I got Suspended Imposed Sentence(SIS) with 2 year unsupervised probation,paid all the court fines and Completed SATOP, victim Impact Panel and paid for Community services. i never drink and i dont have habit of drinking it was one mistake i did that night.

My questions are
    1. how will this affects to H1b Visa Stamping at US consulate in India.
    2. Is there any chances of refusal if i say 'Yes' in DS -156 ( Q : Have you ever been arrested or Convicted for any Crime...)

Please provide me some help, what sort of documents needed to justify my case. And how do i get the wavier and what kind.

Thanks,
    Kumar

I am not expert on this issue. But one general question, if you are not drunk driver and no one was hurt, shouldn't they be considering it as accident ? I will be surprised if they consider it as a crime.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X