Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 interview in hyderabad

HI guys,

Scheduled to take interview in Hyderabad(India) on 21st Jan. This is the first time Iam going for a stamping. In I797 form, consulate name is given as Chennai. Iam from AP and living in hyderabad for last 5 years (but completed BE in chennai). Iam confused and I contacted lawyer regarding this. I was told that it was a mistake from USCIS despite of clear mentioning of nearest consulate as Hyderabad in my petition.and I was asked to take interview in hyderabad itself. Based on that, I have taken appointment at hyd. Did anyone come across such type of confusion?

All my documents are genuine but Iam worried how the things will go(I heard that only few are are given stamping on the first instance in this consulate).

Also, i do not have few supporting docs like tax filing of EMployer in US and list of all employees working for that employer. Will this be a problem?

Kindly suggest..

thanks in advance

Answers below.

Originally posted by athidi999 View Post

HI guys,

Scheduled to take interview in Hyderabad(India) on 21st Jan. This is the first time Iam going for a stamping. In I797 form, consulate name is given as Chennai. Iam from AP and living in hyderabad for last 5 years (but completed BE in chennai). Iam confused and I contacted lawyer regarding this. I was told that it was a mistake from USCIS despite of clear mentioning of nearest consulate as Hyderabad in my petition.and I was asked to take interview in hyderabad itself. Based on that, I have taken appointment at hyd. Did anyone come across such type of confusion?

>> Should not be a problem. Usually for the 1st time H1B stamping, you should schedule the interview at the U.S consulate that falls under the consulare district of your permanant residence (Or the one that is close to it). In case of doubt, call the VFS helpline line number and they should be able to guide you properly.

All my documents are genuine but Iam worried how the things will go(I heard that only few are are given stamping on the first instance in this consulate).

Also, i do not have few supporting docs like tax filing of EMployer in US and list of all employees working for that employer. Will this be a problem?

>> That's okay. Most companies won't give these information to their employees who go for stamping. If required by the VO, there will be a 221g and your company can directly send these documents to the consulate. If your company is willing to give these doucments to you, then carry it with you in an unsealed envelop.

Kindly suggest..

thanks in advance
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Your reply should give some relief to me .
      Thanks for it Shervin.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X