Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Cancelled and Goto L1B

Hi,
    This is Srinivas. Currently I am working for one of the MNC in India.
    I got H1B stamped on June-09 through one of the consultancy. My consultant was suggested me to come to USA for creating SSN for 2 weeks period.
    So I took sick leave from my present company and traveled to USA. I have stayed there for 2 weeks and applied to SSN and came back to India.
    Now my present company was sponsored me to get L1B. So I have filled all the L1B formalities and took the interview appointment soon.
    Is I am eligible to get L1B without any issues? or Am I crossing any rules?
    Could you please answer my question ASAP and do the needful?

No issues. Your H1B visa might get cancelled (not your petition). So in case you want to travel in H1B again, you may need to get it stamped again (In case it is cancelled during your L1B stamping).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you Shervin. Thanks for your quick response.
      So It might not be any problem that I have traveled to USA without submit resignation to my present company.
      Were they won't ask any questions about my H1 B when I will be attend for L1B?
      In case if they will ask, could you please help me out like what are the possible to answer those questions?

Comment

Answers below.

Originally posted by srinivasimmi View Post
        Thank you Shervin. Thanks for your quick response.
        So It might not be any problem that I have traveled to USA without submit resignation to my present company.
        Were they won't ask any questions about my H1 B when I will be attend for L1B?

>>> Travelling to U.S without submitting the resignation to your Indian company would never be a problem. However, travelling in H1B just to get the SSN when you actually didn't have a job there could be a problem. Do you have pay slip for the 2 weeks that you were in U.S on H1B? If you are in H1B visa in U.S, then you need to get paid for every single day or you will go out of status.

But in most cases, they won't ask anything about H1B when you go for your L1 stamping.

In case if they will ask, could you please help me out like what are the possible to answer those questions?

>>> Sorry, none of the members in this forum will guide you to prepare make-up answers for your visa interview. You know the reason for your previous travel, answer accordingly.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X