Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1b documents and Passport

Hi,

I got my H1b in oct 08. Could not find a job so went back to india to stamp H4 in may. That went well and I got my H4 without any issues. Came back to US in mid june. Now i got a job. I would like to know for H4 to H1b COS what documents do I need? The reason I am asking is I am also applying for Canadian residency and for that process I need to send my Passport for verification and I will not have it with me for a month or so.

So should I wait till the COS process is over or I can just keep photo copies of all my PP pages? (since the COS process will not start for another couple weeks).

Thanks for your help in advance.

P.S. - I would really appreciate if someone gives me a checklist for the documents i need for this process. I looked around the internets a lot but could not find any.

It is the same set of documents that you gave your employer when you filed your first H1B petition. In addition, you will need to give them a copy of your existing H1B approval notice or receipt number (to prove that you are already CAP counted) and your current valid I-94.

Passport copies are enough. Original is not needed.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X