doubt about H4 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doubt about H4 visa

Hi all....need your help.....I am an H4 holder...I am currently in India...planning to come back in some time....would I need to show any documents on arrival at the US aiport?? Do I need to show any document of my husband who is on H1???

Yes.

1) Your valid visa and passport
    2) Copy of your husband's H1B petition.
    3) Last 3-4 months of latest pay slips of your Husband to prove that he is in valid H1B status (your H4 status depends on his H1B status).
    4) Marriage certificate
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks a lotttt... But would it make a difference if his H1 visa is valid but stamping is over? Would i also need his employers letter??

Comment

You don't need a copy of his visa. The important thing is a copy of your husband's valid H1B petition. Yeah, an employment verification letter from his employer will help a lot.

Originally posted by rimsi View Post
        Thanks a lotttt... But would it make a difference if his H1 visa is valid but stamping is over? Would i also need his employers letter??
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Can some H-4 holder share experience at airport

Sorry for asking same question.Is there any one in forum who recently came USA on H-4.What did they ask at airport.Did they ask H1 holder job verification letter and pay stubs.What questions did they ask?My wife is coming first time after 1 year of getting H4.Can they question her that why she is coming after 1 year.and what documenst should she keep with her.My special concern regarding pay stubs.Can they ask for pay stubs?Will letter from employer will be enough that this H1 holder is working with same company since last 1 year.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X