Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Visa - waiting for finger prints clearance

Hello,

I have an approved H1 petition and went for stamping to Delhi embassy on Sep end'04. I was asked to come next week for fingerprints. I gave my fingerprints on hard copy and then they asked me to wait for a call back from embassy for the fingerprints result. They said visa will be issued after that.
    It's been 5 weeks after that and I am still waiting for call from embassy.
    Any help / suggestion in this regards

Amit Gupta

wait for their call
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I still have not got any reply from embassy. Is there a way where I can track this or I can check the status of my visa stamping application.

Comment

no
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Background check...

Amit ,

Mine is the same case. I had applied for my H1B stamping and was put thru background check bcos my last name was middle eastern. my 5 weeks have also passed. Wondering why were u put thru this fingerprinting and backgrouund check.

Mukhtar

Comment

Its the 9th week for me and I am still waiting. Any updates u have got?

Comment

Background check...

Hi Amit,

Just hang on. I called the consulate last week on the telephone no. they gave me to enquire my status. They said i got one clearance and they are waiting for another clearance which may take another 3- 4 weeks.
              Call your delhi consulate and get the telephone no. to enquire the status. Unfortunately they have stopped replying to my email enquiries.
              What a price to pay for background check ? = 2 months in wages + the cost of fingerprinting ( Rs. 4000 Approx.) till now. Will keep you updated.

Mukhtar

Comment

waiting for fingerprinting clearance

hi amit,
                they take a lot of time to clear fingerprints on hard copy. hope things will work out for you soon. tell me if this is your first stamping or just a revalidation after a period of work in USA?
                bye

Comment

At last after 2 months - I got a call yesterday from embassy. They called me today for stamping. I have submitted now my passport for the same and should get it back by courier in a weeks' time.
                  So approx wait time for fingerprinting was 8 weeks.

This was my second visa (though a different one) to US but then also I had to go for stamping.

Comment

reason?

do you know or did embassy give you any reason why they needed to do a background check on you or was this just a random selection? please share.

thanks
                    nk

Comment

Do we need fingerprinting for H1 extension?

Hi,
                      Do we need fingerprinting for H1 extension? When I got my VISA stamped for first 3 years , I did not have fingerprints submitted ( I guess it was not mandatory then). But now I need to get it stamped for extented 3 years. Do I need to get my fingerprints submitted and does it take apprx 8 weeks for that too?
                      Any help will be greatly appreciated.
                      Thanks

Comment

9th week ends and no news from the Mumbai consulate...

Congrats Amit on your approval. Mine is a restamping of visa. I have been told that my fingerprint clearance has arrvived, however my state clearance has still not come. i dont know what that means.Any one else having similar situation, please share your experiences. We should start a tracker to track the timeframes for these background checks.

Mukhtar

Comment

finger print requirement criteria....

Originally posted by hitsr
                          Hi,
                          Do we need fingerprinting for H1 extension? When I got my VISA stamped for first 3 years , I did not have fingerprints submitted ( I guess it was not mandatory then). But now I need to get it stamped for extented 3 years. Do I need to get my fingerprints submitted and does it take apprx 8 weeks for that too?
                          Any help will be greatly appreciated.
                          Thanks

I think they would want to finger print you if your DS 157 document

birthplace , name is suspect. A middleeastern last name/name that matches with some terrorist name will qualify you for check More over any police record in USA or DUI would also qualify you for background check.

if you happen to have none of the above , you are safe.

Mukhtar

Comment

Arrest record triggers background check

Hello all,

I am also in a similar boat.

I have 3 previous US visa stamps and have been living in the US for over 5 years. I went to get my H1 visa revalidated in the US Embassy (New Delhi), and they took the full-set of my fingerprints for a background check. The reason being that I have an arrest record in the US. I was arrested 4 years ago but the charges were later dropped, but my name still exists in the database.

Does any of you have a similar experience?

Can a visa be denied solely on the basis of an arrest record?

Good luck to all

Comment

Timeframe of Background check....

Gogo ,

Which consulate did you apply to and how long it has been?. We have had a successful background check completion in Amitg in a period of 9 weeks .
                              Mine is 11th week running and I am still waiting. I know of one more case in
                              Mumbai consulate whose DUI record triggered a backgroung check.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X