Need Advice - What happens if Visa rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice - What happens if Visa rejected

I am sure most of you would be aware about the memorandum published by USCIS on 8th Jan 2010 regarding the Employer and Employee relationship.

I have been staying in US for 5 years with Job and regular pay and W2. My 140 is approved. I would be going to India in Feb-10 and as I would be leaving the country, I would have to have my Visa Stamped again. As I am from small company, it may happen that the visa is rejected in India or I may be stopped at the port of entry. I have no issues about that but my question is what happens next.

1. Will I be allowed to come to US for atleast 1-2 months so that I can take all my belongings. One cannot leave the country packing all the bags completely if he is going on vacation and have to have visa stamped.

DOES THE VISA OFFICER UNDERSTAND THIS AND WOULD IT ALLOW ME TO COME BACK FOR 1-2 MONTHS.

I have to go for visit but I need to know what happens if the Visa is rejected.

Any suggestion or experience would be appreciate.

Thanks

If your work visa gets rejected, then you will need to apply for the visitor's visa (B1/B2). If that gets approved, then you can travel. Unfortunately, there is no other way.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X