Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) from mumbai consulate on 21-jan-2010

Hello,

I am Varun Shah from Ahmedabad Gujarat.I got 221(g) white form from VO for further documents from my petitioner.

I faced following things on my interview day.

First she asked me that how you selected for this job?

-I have answered quickly and in details how they selected me(3technical round **HR round).

-VO(she) asked me job title.I replied her immediately what written in my job aggrement.

- Then she asked me how much salary u will get in US? I clearly specified what ever written in my LCA form.

- After that she was seeing my passport(actually I have B1 visa from my current employer but I didnt get chance to go US on B1) and suddenly she asked that this is you first H1b visa? i replied her "yes".

-After that she asked me explain me your job responsibilities and clients.

After this conversation she told me that I need some additional documents from your petitioner so please come with all documents mentioned in 212 g form on any working day around 9.30 without making new appointment directly come to interview.

After that I replied her that I have some documents from my employer so can you please check them now.Then she replied me that many applicants are here in queue so please come back after some time or some other day with this documents.

I replied her that i will come back after some time after arranging documents in order.

I was only candidate with passport at consulate(so I was little confused).After that admin person come with me and told me to go out side and come back in next week with other documents.But i dont want to miss this last chance on this day so i told him that VO told me to come back with these documents now.After that admin person told me to give your name on paper she will announce your name and go again.

After 1-2 hours she announced my name and told me to come on window number 6.

After that she told me that lets verify each and every documents now.

But i dont have 1-2 documtns specified on 221g so she told me that come with each and every documents I will verify them.

on my 221 g form they specified that come on any working day at 9.30 with all documents and attend interview with consular.

I not need to submit documents to consulate this is again face to face interview.

can anyone help me for this?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to Varun...

If you can arrange the legal documents from your petitioner, then no need to afraid. Just go with those missing documents, she will verify it, and hopefully within 2-3 minutes you will hear the good news. This is very common thing for h1b.

All the best.

Comment

Thanks
      I talked with me employer they are ready to send me documents.

I think next week I will get all the documents and again will go for interview.

I hope everything will go smoothly..

Thanks again for reply me.

I will reply after my 2nd time interview.

Comment

pending case

Hi All,

I have given interview on 21- Jan -2010.I got 221g form and again I went to consulate in march.In march again consulate officer asked for more document so I have given list of document to my company and they sent me documents via mail.

After receiving required document I went to consulate in may 2010 to submit those document.In may 2010 consulate officer took that document and told me to submit one more document stating that "your services are expected in your company." Each time they are demanding single document to submit.So I told them that give me some facility to submit document to my local VFS office.Actually I have valid B1 visa for 10years.So i dont want to submit my passport along with documents.

So Consulate officer wrote VFS envolape barcode number on 221g form and told me that just show this barcode number to local VFS and submit your document without submitting your passport.

After one month I got required document from my company and I planned to go local VFS office to submit document.When I went to local VFS(Ahmedabad) they told me that "We cant accept any document without submitting passport".So I told them that Consulate officer told me to submit the document without passport.

So local VFS guy told me that come after 1 hour we will check to mumbai consulate.So I went after an hour to local VFS office.After that local VFS officer told me that "We talked with Consualte Officer of mumbai and he told that you have to come in person to mumbai consualte to submit this document.you dont have any other alternative." So I told that its ok I will go to mumbai consulate once again for submitting document.

I went to mumbai consulate in last week of june.That was my 4th time visit to consualte for H1b pending visa.Generally when I went to consulate before lady standing outside consulate gave me pink token and told me to come after 11 am.

But this time when i went to take pink token from that lady she told me that "You have to submit document to local VFS office not here so please go to local VFS and submit your document with your passport". I replied her that I talked with local VFS and they told me that we talked with mumbai consulate officer that you have to come in person to submit your document.

After that she went inside consualte and after 10-15mins she came back and told me that no one had talked with your local VFS office so go back to your town and submit your document to local VFS. I was very upset that time and I request her more than 20mins(in heavy rain).

After lots of discussion she again went to consualte and came back in 10mins.This time she told me that "give me your VFS envolpe , company document and 221g form I will submit your document to relative consualte officer and please go back to your town and wait for email from consulate".

So I have given all document which she told me.

I am very confused I dont know what to do...

Please any one help me for this issue.. I dont know whats the status of my case....

After submitting document to that lady I went to mumbai VFS for inquiry.She told me that you have given document to consulate lady so dont worry your document safly reached to concern person.

But I am very tense ..Please reply me if any one has any suggestion.

Thanks ,
        Varun

Comment

After collecting all the documents, the consulate has most likely sent your case for further Administrative Processing. It may take upto 60 working days from the date of their receiving the documents. Do confirm at the mumbai consulate if they got your last set of documents that you submitted at ABD. and if they need any more documents. If all is with them. Then just wait and keep checking your emails religiously and keep posting on this blog posts!

Comment

Pending Case

After month I sent email to mumbai consulate for my case status.I have also sent FAX and POST but still not getting any reply from mumbai consualte.

How can I know my case status from consualte ?any contact available or should I have to wait untill consulate will not reply anything ?

Thanks,
            Varun.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X