H4 visa procedure for infant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa procedure for infant

I'm on H-1 in the US, my wife who has a valid H4 is in India and we are seeking a H-4 for my infant daughter who is a few months old[Some kid indeed to jump into the nasty chennai consulate queue so soon!]

1. Should I have my wife prepare the DS-160 for my daughter?

2. Should both my wife and daughter attend the interview in person or is there a dropbox scheme since both parents are valid H1/H4 holders?

3. They will doubtless have my latest payslips and tax returns included in the documents but is the letter from employer mandatory? I'm hoping the interview will be a breeze without much document grilling since my wife is a valid visa holder.

Thanks in advance.

cheers
    a_bhat

Answers below.

Originally posted by aikik View Post
    I'm on H-1 in the US, my wife who has a valid H4 is in India and we are seeking a H-4 for my infant daughter who is a few months old[Some kid indeed to jump into the nasty chennai consulate queue so soon!]

1. Should I have my wife prepare the DS-160 for my daughter?
    >>> Yes.

2. Should both my wife and daughter attend the interview in person or is there a dropbox scheme since both parents are valid H1/H4 holders?
    >>> In person.

3. They will doubtless have my latest payslips and tax returns included in the documents but is the letter from employer mandatory? I'm hoping the interview will be a breeze without much document grilling since my wife is a valid visa holder.
    >>> Since there can be no interview, all that they do is document verification. So it's advisable to have all the required documents for H4 including the employment verification letter.

Thanks in advance.

cheers
    a_bhat
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X