DS 160 clarification for H4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 160 clarification for H4

Are you applying in the same country where the visa above was issued and is this country your principal country of residence?

I am applying H4 visa In the above question "Are you applying in the same country where the visa above was issued" it is yes

"is this country your principal country of residence? "
    My husband is in USA on H1B. answer is no

Finallay what we need to answer for the above question.

Thanks

you already answered all questions. What question do you want answered?

Comment

Are you applying in the same country where the visa above was issued and is this country your principal country of residence?

In the above question first part is yes and second part is no what is should answer. Because two questions combined in question i am confused.

Comment

Lets say you are from India.

In that case, India is your primary country of residence. Therefore, the answer should be Yes.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hi swarnamt,

I haven;t seen the new DS-160 form.
          But if the Question is

Is this country your principal country of residence?

As per my view if you are from INDIA and applying your H4 Visa in India - then answer should be YES.

I think you are confused by the word "PRINCIPAL" - it is not asking where is your husband is (Principal applicant) but it is asking
          the country from where you are applying for H4 Visa is the primary residence country for you?

Others can help who have already filled the forms using new DS-160 for H4

Thanks and Regards,
          Abhay
          Last edited by abhayg4; 01-29-2010, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Confusion regarding the same question

Hi,

I also have confusion regarding the same question.

since this question has two parts - Are you applying in the same country where the visa above was issued (NO for me) and is this country your principal country of residence(YES, for me)? how should I answer this one?

Comment

Quite confusing Question!!!

Quite confusing Question!!!
              First Part
              Q:Are you applying in the same country where the visa above was issued?
              A: My Visa was issued by State Department in US (Good old days). So Answer is "NO"
              Q:Is this country your principal country of residence?
              A:Living in US for since 2002 mostly so Answer is "YES"

Can Anyone Guide.

Comment

Hi

I have the same issue

Are you applying in the same country where the visa above was issued - Answer is Yes (Mexico)

Is this country your principal country of residence? - No

Please help

Comment

ds 160 H4 -SURNAMES OF PRINCIPAL APLICANT

i am applying for H4 visa. i have a question for SURNAMES of PRINCIPAL APPLICANT

my wifes name is e.g. anne curtis smith. this is the name that appears on her passport, US visa for h1c and on her i797. however my wife was legally adopted by her stepfather so by the time that we got married this year(2010), all the court order to change name has been released including new birth cert from national statistics office. so her new name on our MARRIAGe CONTACT is already e.g anne curtis garcia. ( garcia-is her adoptive fathers last name)

she got married to me so her name now is anne garcia-cortez (cortez eing my last name)

what should i place on the box for SURNAMES OF PRINCIPAL APPLICANT? should i place all 3 of her last names or just the one on her passport,visa and i797(smith)?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X