Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1-A to H1 change of status w/o working with H1 sponsored consultant

Hi,
    I am here in US on L1-A and got H1 petition approved in last year quota. I did not do Change of Status that time. Now I got an offer from the client where I am working in L1.
    Option 1:
    I want my client to initiate the change of status and H1 visa process w/o interfering the H1 sponsored consultancy. Is that possible?
    Or
    Option2:
    I should work with the H1 sponsored consultancy to get 3-6 months paystubs and later transfer the H1 ?

Which is safe and right approach and how it's possible

-Raks

I am here in US on L1-A and got H1 petition approved in last year quota. I did not do Change of Status that time. Now I got an offer from the client where I am working in L1.

Option 1:
    I want my client to initiate the change of status and H1 visa process w/o interfering the H1 sponsored consultancy. Is that possible?
    >>> Possible. They should file for a new H1B petition using the CAP from the existing petition (Just give them a copy of the approval notice to prove that you are already CAP counted).

Option2:
    I should work with the H1 sponsored consultancy to get 3-6 months paystubs and later transfer the H1 ?
    >>> Not required. But if you wish to do that, you can.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

L1A to H1B

I am currently in L1A with company "A" working out of USA and this october i filed for H1B through another company "B" being at USA and got that approved in 1st week of october.

Is it ok to keep working with company A [L1A] while i hold a H1B through company "B"?
      If so, is there a timeline by which i should stop working with company A and start working with company "B"?
      After getting the H1B approved this october, have i lost the L1A visa status?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X