Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to India thru London

Hello,
    I am travelling to India from the US via London to Hyderabad in March 2010. I have a valid H1B 797/I-94 until Oct 2012, but no visa. I wish to get the visa stamping done during my visit in Hyderabad.
    Is it true that the London airport requires the travellers to have a valid US visa ? If yes, is a valid US visa required at the London airport when you are changing flights in London while going to India (because I will be having a valid US visa only when coming back from India to the US)?

My travel agent have raised these concerns, please comment.

Thanks.

Yes. You need a valid U.S visa to transit through London. If your U.S visa in the passport is already expired, then you will need to apply for U.K transit visa.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by gajaykumar View Post
      Hello,
      I am travelling to India from the US via London to Hyderabad in March 2010. I have a valid H1B 797/I-94 until Oct 2012, but no visa. I wish to get the visa stamping done during my visit in Hyderabad.
      Is it true that the London airport requires the travellers to have a valid US visa ? If yes, is a valid US visa required at the London airport when you are changing flights in London while going to India (because I will be having a valid US visa only when coming back from India to the US)?

My travel agent have raised these concerns, please comment.

Thanks.
      Yes. You will have to have a Valid US Visa or a Schengen visa. Having a valid petition will not help. Alternately, you can choose to fly Emirates/Jet airways or Malaysia/Singapore airlines (fly via LAX).

Comment

Hi ,

Apart from the airlines mentioned you can travel directly also from US to India without any stopovers/changing flights - by Continental Airlines , American Airlines etc.

Thanks and Regards,
        Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X