Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help me-its urgent

hi,

i am on h4 visa and have been in the US from about 2 years....
    in jan 2009 i changed my last name in the passport.....
    (please note:the changed name is just the alteration in my last name, as it was too long, and i have not added my husband's name...i have the necessary affidavit and paper ads supporting the same)

concurrently, in jan 2009 had got an extension of my i102 with my old name...
    now in march 2010 i am going to chennai for restamping the visa...as my visa has expired in sep 2009.....

anyone please tell me if i can go to chennai with the present documents...or should i get my i102 ammended with my new name..
    but i have heard visas are stamped according to the name in the passport..

thank you

actually i meant extended I-94....

Comment

Your previous H4 stay does not affect future stamping.

You'll just go with fresh application with whatever name you like and supporting documentation.

Comment

sk4ih thank you very much

still some clarification again....
        a) i just wanted to know if i need to get my extended i-94 amended to my new name as in my new passport....for this i heard it takes 2.5 months(and am going for restamping in march end) and about 1000 dollars

b) or can i carry my present extended i-94 with old name and affidavit and paper ads to chennai for restamping?will the affidavit be enough...

c)is it completely based on the name on passport that will be considered for visa stamping name...

please help

Comment

When you leave US, you need to surrender your I-94. So old I-94 has no impact on future stamping.

I already mentioned that previous stay does not affect future stamping.
          People can change their name, and lot of other things, and still go for stamping. Not a problem. Forget all old stuff.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X