DS160 form question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS160 form question

Hi I am currently on H1 and planning to go for visa renewal in march in India
    I started filling DS160 form and I have the following question:

Section: Address and Phone Information
    Home Address – Do I have to provide home address in India or My current US Address
    Phone – Indian home Phone no or current US Phone no
    Work Phone Number: do I have to provide my current US office no ?

Section: Passport Information
    Passport Book Number: What is that?

Section: Travel
    Have you made specific travel plans? - I have approved I 797, I am planning to return to US on April 23rd 2009 - Should I select YesYes No
    Intended Length of Stay in U.S - My I94 will be expiring in july,2012 - should I say 3 years or 28 months?

Section: Previous US Travel Information
    Are you applying in the same country where the visa above was issued and is this country your principal country of residence? - previous visa was issued in Canada – should I select NO ?
    Have you ever been ten-printed – I don’t know when I went last time I was ten-printed or not

Section: Family Information/Relatives
    Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States – My wife stay with me but she will be leaving to india with me – should I say no – same is true for my wife?

Section: Present Work/Education/Training Information
    Duties: should I mention duties at client side or duties at employeer?

Section: Additional Work/Education/Training Information
    Have you belonged to, contributed to, or worked for any professional, social, or charitable organization? – Currently I am involved in a non profit religious organization and I am the secretory of the organization, should I mentioned that?

thanks
    Last edited by bhum; 02-08-2010, 07:33 PM.

Did you check the below links?

https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-app...n-form-ds-160/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi shervin143
      I check the link you mentioned but still I am confused with the follwing

Section: Family Information/Relatives
      Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States – My wife stay with me but she will be visiting india with me and will also be with me for her H4 stamping– should I say no?

Duties: should I mention duties at client side or duties at employeer?

Have you belonged to, contributed to, or worked for any professional, social, or charitable organization? – Currently I am involved in a non profit religious organization and I am the secretory of the organization, should I mentioned that?

thanks

Comment

1. Yes.

2. Combined duties.

3. Yes
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hi Thanks for the reply
          I am still confuse about the following question:

Monthly Salary (in local salary) : do I have to convert my current salary to Indian rupees? (Currently I am employed in USA and going for visa renewal stamping to my home country India)

Have you traveled to any countries within the last five years? – should I mentioned India and Canada both? ( I traveled to India (my Home Country)and Canada within past 5 yrs)?

Comment

You don't have to mention the countries through which you have transit. But if you have entered any other country and if it was not just a transit, then you have to mention it.

Originally posted by kamal1234
            hi....
            im seamen...i went to uae ship for last year in transit ....did i want to mention dat in c1d visa form?

Comment

c1d visa?

hi shervin....thanx for ur previous reply..
              actually i went to uae ship in non immigrant visa...but that was not mentioned in visa...but now ther are asking the countries dat i had travelled in c1d visa...do i want to mention uae or not?

Comment

DS-160 Questions - Travel Plans

Hi
                I have a specific concern about a question in the DS-160 form.
                I am a H1 B worker currently working in the US.
                I am visiting India for 1 month during which I need to visit the US consulate to get the visa stamps on my passport .

In the form after selecting H1 B there is a question " If I have specific travel plans"

I entered Dec,2011 as departure from US to India
                and Jan 2012 for Return from India back to US, but I get an error saying the departure date cannot be before the arrival date into the US.

My question is
                a) is something wrong with the website or
                b) Should I select "NO" for no specific travel plans made and enter Arrival date into US and Departure from US is the validity date in the I-797.. I have all my trip booked for the 1 month and confused what the question is about

Please help as I was not able to find answer to this query

Comment

What you enter in DS-160 is as of the date of the visa interview. The question asks about your travel plans to U.S and back from U.S. Your current departure from U.S to India doesn't matter to them. When you fill DS-160, always think of the accurate information as of the date of your visa interview.

Originally posted by tottality View Post
                  Hi
                  I have a specific concern about a question in the DS-160 form.
                  I am a H1 B worker currently working in the US.
                  I am visiting India for 1 month during which I need to visit the US consulate to get the visa stamps on my passport .

In the form after selecting H1 B there is a question " If I have specific travel plans"

I entered Dec,2011 as departure from US to India
                  and Jan 2012 for Return from India back to US, but I get an error saying the departure date cannot be before the arrival date into the US.

My question is
                  a) is something wrong with the website or
                  b) Should I select "NO" for no specific travel plans made and enter Arrival date into US and Departure from US is the validity date in the I-797.. I have all my trip booked for the 1 month and confused what the question is about

Please help as I was not able to find answer to this query

Comment

DS-160 Questions - Travel Plans

Hi Sherwin143:
                    If I understand correct, the form intends to ask when I am entering US once the visa is approved and when do I intend to come back to my home country from US ..

Id that true than for the question" Do you have any specific travel plans?" I have to answer "No instead of yes, because offcourse my trip from US to India is December, 2011 (known date) and return is by end of petition date on I-797..

I entered YES for the question " Do you have any specific travel plans?" because my vacation plans are booked from US to India and then back to US after the Consulate Visa interview . Please comment

Comment

If I understand correct, the form intends to ask when I am entering US once the visa is approved and when do I intend to come back to my home country from US ..
                      >>> That is correct.

Id that true than for the question" Do you have any specific travel plans?" I have to answer "No instead of yes, because offcourse my trip from US to India is December, 2011 (known date) and return is by end of petition date on I-797..
                      >>> Why do you have to answer NO? You already know when you are planning to re-enter U.S, right? Then answer YES and enter that date. The return date can be tentative. It can be close to the petition expiry date.

I entered YES for the question " Do you have any specific travel plans?" because my vacation plans are booked from US to India and then back to US after the Consulate Visa interview . Please comment
                      >>> It has to be YES. The return date can be tentative.

Comment

Hello All,

I will be attending h1b visa interview in singapore.

I have been working in singapore since 6 years and i have already been to us consulate for B1/B2 visa interview in 2018 and got it aprroved, now am going for H1B visa interview.

I have a doubt regarding the below question

"Are you applying in the same country where the visa above was issued

Is this country your principal country of residence? "

Am indian citizen , am wondering what will be my principle country of residence.

As the country is same as previous visa issued and not sure about principle country of residence.

Thanks,
                        Baps

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X