Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg H1B stamping:: URGENT

Hi,

I filed my H1B for the year 2008 and got the approval too, but yet to be stamped, booked the slot for this month end.
    I was given an offer from my employer dated for March 2008 and also a consulate letter to accord H1B on behalf of me for the same date.

My questions are,
    1. Whether i should carry the updated offer letter with me?? my employer says the offer is valid till my approval is valid.
    2. Whether the proposed assignment should contain monthwise splitups of my work in the given proposal letter?
    3. What should i say if i'm asked for whome im going to work for? my employer or his client?? Any new momos related to this query??

Also, please let me know if there are any other memos launched recently which should be taken care for getting stamped this month.

Thanks in advance!

Answers in Bold

Hi,

I filed my H1B for the year 2008 and got the approval too, but yet to be stamped, booked the slot for this month end.
    I was given an offer from my employer dated for March 2008 and also a consulate letter to accord H1B on behalf of me for the same date.

My questions are,
    1. Whether i should carry the updated offer letter with me?? my employer says the offer is valid till my approval is valid.
    Since it's been 2 years, make sure you carry the latest offer letter. Let the VO know the reason for the delay. You better have a strong one.
    2. Whether the proposed assignment should contain monthwise splitups of my work in the given proposal letter?
    If you can, or else the offer letter describing your responsibilities should do.
    3. What should i say if i'm asked for whome im going to work for? my employer or his client?? Any new momos related to this query??
    Tell the truth. If you are working on an In-House project, make sure that you carry the project details and related documentation. If you will be working for a client, then carry the client letter with project details, time lines, responsibilities, start and end dates on client's letter head, signed by the project manager.
    There are no more Memos that you need to worry about

Also, please let me know if there are any other memos launched recently which should be taken care for getting stamped this month.
    See #3

Comment

H1B Urgent Reply ASAP

Thanks for the info.

I'm looking for some more info,

My client has sent me the Statement of Work (SOW) which only contains the project title, my roles and responsibilities and the Scope-IN and Scope-Out and some more additional stuff, it did not explain the project anywhere. my designation has been given as Programmer Analyst.
      1. In such case should i contain a completely defined document about the project for stamping?

Please reply ASAP.

Thanks.

Comment

Yes, that will help.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X