Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help on H1B status

Hi,

I had valid H1B visa with my previous employer and petition which was valid till 2010. Can anyone let me know if my petition could still be valid and if I can transfer or get H1B visa again based on the same petition.

Quick and detailed response is greatly appreciated.

I had valid H1B visa with my previous employer and petition which was valid till 2010.

Can anyone let me know if my petition could still be valid
    >>> Petition remains valid until the date specified in the approval notice unless revoked by the employer.

and if I can transfer
    >>> If it petition is still valid, then Yes, you can transfer.

or get H1B visa again based on the same petition
    >>> Possible if you are working for the same employer. You cannot use one company's petition to get a visa to work for another company. Check the "Visas" section of immihelp for the required documents for H1B visa stamping.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      I had valid H1B visa with my previous employer and petition which was valid till 2010.

Can anyone let me know if my petition could still be valid
      >>> Petition remains valid until the date specified in the approval notice unless revoked by the employer.

and if I can transfer
      >>> If it petition is still valid, then Yes, you can transfer.

or get H1B visa again based on the same petition
      >>> Possible if you are working for the same employer. You cannot use one company's petition to get a visa to work for another company. Check the "Visas" section of immihelp for the required documents for H1B visa stamping.
      Thanks "shervin143" for your quick reply. I just have one question......where can I check validity of my petition (wanted to check if my old employer had revoked it or not). If it is not valid then in that case what should I do to get new H1B visa.
      Last edited by saurabhk10; 02-10-2010, 04:49 PM.

Comment

If you no longer work of your H1B employer, then you cannot go for stamping with their petition. Don't go for stamping without the knowledge of your employer. If you are joining a new employer, then you need to get the H1B petition transferred and once approved, you can go for stamping with the petition of the new employer.

You can check you case status here.
        http://www.immihelp.com/timings/tracking.jsp

Originally posted by saurabhk10 View Post
        Thanks "shervin143" for your quick reply. I just have one question......where can I check validity of my petition (wanted to check if my old employer had revoked it or not). If it is not valid then in that case what should I do to get new H1B visa.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X