Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer with out pay stub

Hi ,

I am having valid H1B petition from company B and after that I did stamping for H1 visa meantime I am existing company (company A) ready to send me US on L1 visa . So I gone for L1 visa stamping during which my H1 visa was cancled as we cant keep two non-immigrant visa. currently I am in USA since last one year , My questions is as follows

1.Whether I can transfer my current H1 (from company B) to another US company even though I dont have any pay stubs from this company ?

Vijay

Yes. No pay slips are required if you don't work for the H1B employer. However, if you are going to apply a COS to H1B, then you need to provide latest pay slips from L1 employer to prove that you were on valid L1 status.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1 transfer with out pay stub

Thanks Shervin ,

Whats the things I need to do If i do change of status from L1 to H1b . Do I need to go for H1B stamping and How can I get to know whether my H1 petition is valid or not ?

Regards,
      Vijay

Comment

Whats the things I need to do If i do change of status from L1 to H1b .
        >>> Give a copy of your previous H1B approval notice, your latest pay slips from L1 and any other required documents to your new H1B employer and they should be able to take care of it.

Do I need to go for H1B stamping
        >>>Not required if the approval comes with a COS (New I-94)

and How can I get to know whether my H1 petition is valid or not ?
        >>> The validity date on the approval notice will tell you until when it is valid. You can check the below URL to see if it is already revoked by your employer or not. Sometimes the information here might not be most up-to date.

Immihelp.com - Comprehensive information on green card, Visitors Visa, H1 Visa, Student Visa, other visas and visitors medical insurance, newcomer to USA

Check with your employer to see if they have revoked it or not.

Comment

Thanks again Shervin for quick response I am really grateful to you .
          I have one last query

How much time takes change to change of status and what change will happen for my dependants visa they are with me on L2 visa.

Regards
          Vijay

Comment

2-3 months by normal process and 15 days by premium. While applying for the COS from L1 to H1B, you will also need to apply for the COS from L2 to H4 for your dependents. The employer who files your H1B petition should be able to take care of this.

Originally posted by vrsale View Post
            How much time takes change to change of status and what change will happen for my dependants visa they are with me on L2 visa.

Comment

Thanks Shervin,

You have boosted my morale thanks a lot.

Regards,
              Vijay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X