Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa questions

Hello All,

My wife needs to go for H4 visa stamping next week, and related to that, I would appreciate any response to the following questions:

1. When I took her visa appointment at New Delhi, it asked for "principal applicant" details. I entered my details: I797A(I129), company name etc. Is that correct? I am not going with her for visa stamping and even I do not have H1B visa stamped on my passport. Or I had to fill her I797(I539) details?

2. Although I have given to my wife both my I797A(I129) and hers I797A(I539). During visa interview, what she should provide to visa officer, my I797A(I129) or hers I797A(I539)? The appointment letter just says I129.

3. While printing appointment letter, it also asked to print "a guidance sheet"? However that link is broken and I am not able to print guidance sheet. Is it mandatory to provide them guidance sheet? or that is just for our use?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Answers below.

Originally posted by studenead View Post
    Hello All,

My wife needs to go for H4 visa stamping next week, and related to that, I would appreciate any response to the following questions:

1. When I took her visa appointment at New Delhi, it asked for "principal applicant" details. I entered my details: I797A(I129), company name etc. Is that correct? I am not going with her for visa stamping and even I do not have H1B visa stamped on my passport. Or I had to fill her I797(I539) details?
    >>> What you did is right. Your visa stamp (H1B) doesn't matter for H4 stamping. Your valid petition is what is important.

2. Although I have given to my wife both my I797A(I129) and hers I797A(I539). During visa interview, what she should provide to visa officer, my I797A(I129) or hers I797A(I539)? The appointment letter just says I129.
    >>> It should be the approval notice of the primary applicant (You). She can handover both. The approval notices will be returned back to the candidate.

3. While printing appointment letter, it also asked to print "a guidance sheet"? However that link is broken and I am not able to print guidance sheet. Is it mandatory to provide them guidance sheet? or that is just for our use?
    >>> Guidance sheet is for you. You don't need to submit that to the VO.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

shervin143,

Thanks a lot for response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X