Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got The Stamping

Hello Folks,

I had my successful h1 stamping from the hyd consulate this week and got the passport within 2 days, here is my experience in the consulate

To give about my background , I am a BE in ECE with an experience of 5 years in S/w from Probably the best known mnc's in US

Interview Experience:

I reached the embassy 45 minutes earlier but was let in only 20 min before , joined the queue had all the usual security checkings and then was waiting for my turn to get screwed

There was a lady officer , she was properly blasting the person before me who stood in line and poor fellow his was only a B1 visa , next it was my turn to enter the Den

Me: Good Morning officer
    Vo : Good Morning , Please pass on your passport ,DS-160 conformation and Inerview oppintment letter.
    Me : Given

VO : where are you working now
    ME : I told her ( my present company is among the best known S/W company in US)

VO : what is your designation
    ME: blah ...

VO : How come did you get to know about this company
    ME : I was potentailly looking out for a company to work with in the US and found this in the web

VO: How did you get the call
    ME : I applied through the dice.com when i saw their job positing listed there

VO : what is your project that you would be working there
    ME: blah.....

VO: I am pretty strange on why are you leaving your present org and joining this
    ME: Direct Internation exposure , global work culture .. blah...

VO: I can see here ( In her computer screen) that you are working for the other one ( My previous company and it is also one of the best in the Industry)
    ME : I joined in **** **** ** last year , She told me stop and she laughed

VO: So you are working in **** **** ** , where is in here in Hyd
    ME : blah....

VO : How much is your salary
    ME : I was trying to explain her more here inspite of telling her the exact number , she yelled at me and told " Sir, Please answer only what you are asked for" . I had apologized for that to her

VO: Is your project an in-house project
    ME : My project is running in the company there and there is a team working over there , I need to go and immediately join them and my ITS and roles are defined for the next 3 years

VO: How big is the Team there
    ME: blah...

VO : Did you read about the document about the rights in US
    ME : YEs

VO : Any Questions
    ME : No

I was expecting something positve then because based on the input from the forums , I have read that if this question this asked then there are very very high chances of getting stamped

VO : OK, Your Visa is issued and you will get your passport within 1 week
    ME : Thanks Madam

I just came of with full of energy and called up my house and told the good news

I would like to Thank to all the senior members in this forum and those who havd posted their exp in this forum which helped a lot in getting through ...

Guys,

It is all about your luck and confidence , because you will not be allowed to answer to any question they ask for more than 15-20 seconds , So it is all how you project yourself in that 5 minutes as a whole Just see their face and answer while answering and always have a gentle smile , do not show the eagerness in your face .... If your Work experiences are string and your documentation is correct and also if your employer does not have any negative remark then you will definately get the visa..

ALL THE BEST TO ALL

Hello h12010,

Congratulations to you. As per VFS site, it says that one needs to take original I797 and Form I129. I do not know the difference between these two, infact I am confused what I129. Could you please explain what did you take for I129?

Thanks for your time in advance.

Comment

Form I-129 is the actual petition filed by your employer asking USCIS for their approval to employ you as an H1B worker. I-797 is the approval notice sent by USCIS granting your employer the permission to employ you as an H1B worker.

Originally posted by studenead View Post
      Hello h12010,

Congratulations to you. As per VFS site, it says that one needs to take original I797 and Form I129. I do not know the difference between these two, infact I am confused what I129. Could you please explain what did you take for I129?

Thanks for your time in advance.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X