Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Layoff during vacation ( out of country)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layoff during vacation ( out of country)

I was working for a US consulting company. I worked for the company for around 8 months. My project was shutdown during the recession and my employer asked me to take vacation and go to India till they find a new project.

I moved to India within 3 weeks of my project last date. After moving to India they didn't find any project for me and I kept on waiting for a project from them.

April second week I am reaching the limit of 6 years of my H1( i.e my H1 Visa expires) . Few days back Iwrote a mail to my employer, I asked for options for my H1 extension.( I already have my I-40 approved from my previous employer). The reply which I got was a big surprise for me. They already have requested for my VISA revocation in November 2009.

Questions –

1) What all compensations I am eligible for
    2) What are the ways I have, to join again a US company
    3) Isn't it wrong to layoff me during my Vacation, when I am out of country? So shouldn’t company arrange for another VISA so that I can go to US and close down all my business/ accounts etc

Thanks in advance for you help

1) You should be paid until last day of stay in US, and any unused paid-vacation days according to company policy.
    2) Find a new employer that can sponsor H1
    3) Nothing wrong.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X