Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b visa renewal or to apply new h1? Confused-Please help

Hello,

I have a valid stamped h1b untill Sep2010 but never used it, meaning never entered USA with my h1b visa.
    I am currently in UAE. Now i dont want to loose my h1b and would like to atleast renew it. My employer says to come to US for atleast 3 months and then it can be renewed..but i cannot leave my job here in UAE.

Please advice if I can renew it with in a month or else can i file another petition with the same employer in April 2010 which will be for h1b 2011...is this possible? (as i already have a h1b valid). Or will i have to wait for 2012 H1b?

Your advice would be very helpful.

Regards

A CAP exempt H1B can be file by your current employer or a new employer using your existing H1B CAP. You don't need to wait for the 2012 quota.

However, what is the point in renewing your H1B if you don't want to leave the current job in UAE and work for the U.S employer?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

reply :H1b visa renewal or to apply new h1? Confused-Please help

Yeah, but id like to keep my options open to go to US in the near future to work and hence would like to have a valid visa...,

So basically my current employer can file for an h1 (cap exempt) even when i have a valid h1b (not used)?

Regards

Comment

The use of term CAP exempt is wrong. It basically will be an H1B petition on the existing CAP.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X