Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 - H1 conversion - India travel concerns

Hi,

I have a L1B Visa valid till Oct 2010. As I have my L1 max out date on Nov 2011, My employer is initiating my H1B Conversion this year. I heard from my employer that I should not travel to India while my H1B conversion is in progress, i.e, pending with USCIS. I am pretty sure I will need to travel to India sometime during mid of this year for marriage, So I would like to know the following,
    1. What risks do I get into, If I do not initiate my H1 Conversion this year and Initiate it next year?
    2. My employer has offered me to apply for H1 Conversion - Consular processing, what process / risks involved in this process?

Please consider the dependant involved in this process after mid of this year. Kindly advise me on how to proceed with this.

Thanks in advance!

1. No issues
    2. No issues

Please ask specific questions.

Comment

If your employer is ready to initiate this process this year, then let them go ahead and do that. They can apply it as a Consulare process instead of COS (that way you can travel out when the petition is in progress at USCIS). In which case when the petition gets approved, you will need to get it stamped and re-enter in H1B to start working in H1B status.

Originally posted by bktv View Post
      1. What risks do I get into, If I do not initiate my H1 Conversion this year and Initiate it next year?
      Last edited by shervin143; 02-24-2010, 04:26 PM.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X