Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - Transcripts

I have the following questions regarding transcripts:

1. I have an engineering degree. Before that I was doing B Sc which I left after 2 years (did not complete 3 years). So will I need transcripts of both or only the engineering degree.
    2. Do we need transcripts from school (Xth and XIIth) too or only marksheets are required?

Kindly reply if anyone has info on this.
    Note: I am from India.
    Last edited by h1bhelpreq; 02-24-2010, 04:36 PM.

Engineering degree & marksheets are sufficient

Comment

So, that means even for the degree I do not need to give transcripts. I just need to give the marksheets. Do verify, please.

Comment

Did you check this?
        https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-stamping-documents/
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Schools in India do not give out transcripts, they only give marksheets (though you can request for transcripts).

In all my encounters with the US consulate or USCIS, I have never had to carry transcripts. I don't really remember anyone asking for them, but degree & marksheets are what I carried. For that matter, even while applying to schools in the US you can provide your India marksheets.

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post

Comment

h1bhelpreq:

the visa is one time. Why to take any kind of risk?
            If you are feeling that transcript could create a problem for you then go with them. And in India, schools/colleges/universities can give you transcripts based on your marksheets. The "Transcript" is very normal and known thing for education industry. So, you can get it.

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice.]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X