Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having valid H1B - Employer asking me to attend interview from India

Hi all,

I have 7yrs. of experience in IT with valid H1B (2009) and plan to go to US on mid of March 2010. Now my employer is refusing me to take to US due to market situation, instead he is asking me to attend the client interviews through IP phone from India.

Kindly let me know the following
    1) What are the chances of getting a job by attending interviews from India?
    2) What is the current market situation for Software QA Automation (QTP, LoadRunner and IBM Tools)?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Anand

Its the wisest thing one should do. If you go to US now, without a job offer (Means without a client letter, purchase order etc) there are very high chances that you might be sent back home right from the port of entry because based on the Jan 8 Memo you don't come under a employer-employee relationship and you don't have a job to start work on. One you are sent home your H1 stands revoked and your dreams are gone. Don't think that you can go there and search for a job. The risks are very high now a days. Also if you ask me your employer (H1B holder) is doing the right thing

1) Your H1B holder is not going to say the client that you are attending interview from India. That's why this VOIP phone thing is coming into picture. He would market you as if you are in the US and he would teach you the fundas.Once you are approved for a project, you get the client letter, purchase order and directly fly to the client place rather than not knowing where to land first (May be you would land in your H1B holders office in US if you plan to go without a job offer)?

2) Jobs in all technologies across all sectors are always open for the right candidates. Market is still bad. But the right people are getting jobs every day. So this question can't be generalized. It all depends on your own selling skills. How well you sell yourself is the key? Have you ever been to US before? I don't think so. I think this is your first time. Prepare yourself for tough interview scenarios, communicate clearly and confidently and you will get your job.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have been into US on L1B for 1 year and worked for different clients after clearning interviews.

Regards,
      Prem

Comment

Cool. All the best then. Hope you benefited from my answer

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X