H4 trying for H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 trying for H1

I am currently on H4 Visa and I have found an employer who is ready to hire me and sponsor my H1 visa. But since H1 visas have already been capped this October, i am unable to find any other solution. The employer has suggested that I invest in the stock of a new Company probably an S Corporation and the employer pays the Company for the consultancy services rendered by the Company eventually by me. The Company inturn pays me the dividends. My question is am I allowed to invest in a company's shares on my H4 visa? And what happens when I have to report this income in the Income tax return to be filed in US especially when I donot have the Social Security number? Is the suggestion given by my probablr employer worth it?

I also a father of an American citizen. Would it help if i approach the ins with this plea that in order to take care of the baby, both the parents need to work? Please help.
    Last edited by Ojas; 11-15-2004, 11:44 AM.

You should contact IRS. You can probably get a TIN (Tax Identification Number) to file non resident alien taxes.

This is not a legal advice. You may use at your own risk or contact a legal professionsl

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X