Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: Need help on H1 status question

Guys,

I would appriciate if some one could answer this question.

My Question:

I got stamped a B1 and H1 on my passport. my H1 valied still July 2010 but not yet came here on H1 status(No pay stubs). Now i am US came on B1 status for 3 months trip and got extended 3 more months. In these period my client was satisfied with my work and asked me to join in his company. He said he will apply for a new visa for me. But I heard if he apply for a new visa also its valied from Oct 2010 only so I told him that I can come back on H1 with my previous employeer and work for you 3 month and then i can transfer my visa to your company but I think he was not intrested on this option. So could some one help me to find any other way to work immidietly on his payroll.

Thanks,
    Ram

The client can apply for a new H1B on the current CAP as a consular process (Since you are already CAP counted). Not advisable to apply for the a COS from B1 to H1B. That might create issues later. When approved, you can go out of the country and re-enter with the new H1B petition on the existing H1B visa. Since you never worked on H1B before, there is no need for pay slips.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Urgent: Need help on H1 Transfer

The new H1 petiotion will be valied from Oct 2010 right? still I can use that petition when i re-enter to this contry?
      Last edited by radduri; 03-01-2010, 01:42 AM.

Comment

No need to wait till October since you are already CAP counted.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X