Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tricky H1B visa transfer

Hi,
    I was recently laid off on late March 2019 from a full time employment, I happened to find a job for a contracting agency (joined agency on receipt, premium transfer is filed, visa transfer process is ongoing) at a client site. I have valid I-94 up until 11/11/2020. company1/contracting agency filed visa paperwork and on 04/25/2019 Monday they have received case receipt and based on that I joined client project.

Nowon 04/25/2019 itself I got a really attractive full time offer for another company2 which I can't refuse, I took the offer from company2 and as of today Apr 30th 2019 today they are getting my paperwork/visa docs and will file in premium transfer.

I did inform contracting agency on Saturday, 04/27/2019 that I can either not join the project or join for one month and then leave the project, thus giving them enough time to find my replacement, company1/contracting agency requested me to join the project for the time being, which as I mentioned before I did.

Also my 6 year H1B exhausts on 11/2020.

1). Am I doing anything illegal/am I still in status?

2). will I have some trouble in getting to my visa transferred to company2 ?

3). Do I need to inform immigration lawyers of company2 about this new situation?

4). will I need to get experience letter from company1/contracting agency for filing my Green Card process ?

5). is this transfer considered bridged transfer petition, even though my i94 is valid until 11/11/2020, if it's bridged petition does it mean that my transfer to company2 is dependent on the outcomes of company1/contracting agency.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by vb8188; 05-01-2019, 12:29 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X