Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 Approved...Need Clarifications

Hello Everyone,

I have my I-140 approved by company A and my priority date is locked at Nov 16th 2006. After that I joined company B but company B didn't do any Green card process for some reasons. Now I am planning to relocate to India. If I go to India and come after 5-6 years on new H-1B visa, can I still use my I-140 priority date or should I have to start from scratch? My first H-1B started in June 2006 and is valid till June 2012. But If I go to India, I am planning to come after 5-6 years or so. So my H-1 will be expired by that time. What if I come on different visas like L1, F1 or again on H-1..... Any suggestions/advice on this?

Can anybody respond to it please ?

Comment

It will start from scratch. And why you are thinking after 5-6yrs. Here nobody knows what will happen tomorrow. You don't know what will be the market and rules here after that time.
      [Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice.]

Comment

Thanks a for your reply. Every one has reason for coming to USA and leave this country. Well my question is about my priority date getting locked for me. I know that I have to start from scratch every time I change my employer but can I use the same priority date, this is my question.

Comment

Priority date can be captured if new job is similar to old job.

Comment

Originally posted by sk4ih View Post
            Priority date can be captured if new job is similar to old job.
            Job need not be the same/similar to recapture PD.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X