H4 I-94 extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 I-94 extension

My wife just traveled back from India on her H4 visa two days ago. Though her H4 approval notice (I-797) states her approval is valid until Aug 17, 2011, she has her I-94 stamped only until Jan 1, 2011. We noticed this only after reaching home.
    Is it a good idea to contact the CBP office to get the I-94 corrected? Or should she apply for an extension around Nov, 2010.

Also let me know where the Atlanta CBP office is located. I could find, from the CBP website, a deferred inspection office close to the airport. Is this the right office to contact?

Your help on this is appreciated.

She will need to go back to the airport she entered the U.S. at.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Will these be resolved at the airport itself. Should I meet someone from the USICS itself? Is this possible?

Comment

There will be a deferred inspection office at the airport where she landed. If she go there, they will be able to help her. When is her passport expiring? If the passport is expiring before the petition, then that could be a reason why she got the I-94 shorter than the petition expiry.

Originally posted by anaam View Post
        Will these be resolved at the airport itself. Should I meet someone from the USICS itself? Is this possible?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

You are right. Her passport expires Jan 1, 2011 and I believe thats the reason for the shorter I-94.

How do I handle this now?
          Should I renew her passport and then apply for her I-94 extension?
          Is there anything else that I can do?

Comment

Extension (From within the country) can be applied without renewing the passport. However, you can renew the passport 12 months in advance.

Originally posted by anaam View Post
            You are right. Her passport expires Jan 1, 2011 and I believe thats the reason for the shorter I-94.

How do I handle this now?
            Should I renew her passport and then apply for her I-94 extension?
            Is there anything else that I can do?
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X