Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Extension

Hi,

I am planning to apply h1b visa Extension.I have two dependents(wife and kid).

a) Do i have apply extension for their H4 Visa?
    b) If so do i have apply along with my H1b Visa Extension?
    c) If so how much will be cost for H4 Visa Extension?
    d) Will be employer takes care for the cost for H4 Extension or i have to take care of the cost?

Thanks

Hi Ramesh,

(a) YES - you have to apply for their extension if their's I-94 is about to expire.If not , then there is no need. Make sure that you apply for their extension in advance maybe 2-3 months .

(b) Yes , you can apply withyour H1 extnesion

(c) I think -its 300$ for each applicant (USCIS fees). Pls see the below link for the extension details

(d) There is no law/mandatory rule that your employer has to take care of the Cost for H4.-Its only for H1.
    So, you can ask your employer as some employers do take care of the cost for H4 also.

Also ,check if your employer is ready to do Premium processing (which is extra 1000$ ) and if yes- then apply H4 extension also with it - as in premium processing your H1 extension decision will be done within 15 days and if H4 is also applied with it - then generally USCIS takes descision for H4 also within that time span.
    Note that there is no premium processing if H4 extension is applied separately and which can take upto 2-3 months for the final approval.

Also note that -for premium processing there is no rule that employer has to pay- so if you want premium and employer is not ready - then you can pay out of your pocket - if you want the descision in 15 days(for any reason)
    But for the rest of the fees of H1 (i.e. Application fees- $320.00 , Training fees- $1500.00) -employer HAS TO PAY.

Thanks and Regards,
    Abhay
    Last edited by abhayg4; 03-05-2010, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks a lot.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X