Delay in passport delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay in passport delivery

I have appeared for h1 interview on 3rd-March. The visa officer held my passport and I797 , but did not issued any forms(221g) to me. Today is 8th March, and there are no updated on vfs passport track as well. Please let me know what may be the cause of delay.

Most probably, VFS will receive your passport in the next couple of days. Sometimes the US consulate might not send your passport with the current batch, so it might get delayed.

I had a similar experience. My spouse and me appear for a visa interview together on Wed. My spouse got her passport on Friday but I did not get mine. My guess is that the US consulate sends passports to VFS in batches, depending on the time of your interview. Since we had our interview in late afternoon (probably last batch), the sent my spouses passport to VFS the same day, but for some reason placed my passport in a different batch which went to VFS only the next day.

The same thing might be true for you too. If you don't receive the passport by tomorrow, then it is time to get worried.

Comment

It's just 3 working days and you are already worried? You need to be a little more patient. It sometimes might take 7-10 days.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

The normal time is one working day. I was worried too when I din't get my passport in time because I was returning back to the US the following week.

Comment

Read this when you have time. 7 business days are very normal.
          https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/u...-delivery.html

Originally posted by bhayzone View Post
          The normal time is one working day. I was worried too when I din't get my passport in time because I was returning back to the US the following week.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

My apologies ... I was referring to the service where you can pick up your passport from VFS. Passport delivery by mail/courier can take 7-10 days.

Originally posted by bhayzone View Post

Comment

Still waiting...

Guys, Thanks for replies.Today I checked the VFS passport site and its still with Consulate. Wondering what may be the cause for delay... Did anyone face similiar issues before.And how can I contact consulate for updates?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X