• Advice Needed ?? Rejected F1->H1B, unpaid for long time

Hi all,

Here is my brief history

* I came to USA on F1 in Aug'99
    * Graduated in May'02
    * Applied for H1B in Jul'02, recieved H1B approval in Oct'02
    * Changed employer in Oct'03

*Didnt file any taxes for 02
    *Filed taxes in 03 for a very little amount (which will cover only about 3 months of pay)

Recently went to Mexico(Ciudad Juarez) for the visa and I was asked why I filed such a less amount in 2003. I replied saying that I was sick and had to take off. I was asked for a document that proves the same. As i didnt have it I was given an open appointment (meaning I wouldnt be charged again when I return with the document( and was rejected).

The problem is that the officer didnt even look at my paystubs in 2004, because everything else is perfect. She doubts that I might have misfiled the taxes even after getting paid. I am to take atleast 6-7 months of medical leave from the company. Is it ok to take such a long leave ?

I was lucky enough to explain to the security people at the border that I was missing a document and they allowed me into USA. I have valid H1B until Oct'06.

Like many people I couldnt find a project until the Aug'03 while I recieved my H1 in Oct'02.

Can somebody advice me on this ? I am sure there are lots of people who might have gone through this. Would taking a letter from the company saying that I was given a medical leave help me ? I have thoughts about getting a letter from one of the doctors in India stating that I do not take Alopathic medicines (modern medicines) and hence tried alternate approaches and that the doctor advised me to take bed rest.

thanks alot in advance

meka toka

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X