Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT:H1 Visa

Hi All,

I am applying for a H1 visa in next couple of weeks....
    I donot have surname mentioned in Indian Passport.I shows as:
    Last name:<blank>
    Given Namealeep Kumar

My surname is Kheer.

I have recently got the B1 visa for US with name as:
    Last Name: Daleep Kumar
    First Name:FNU

Shall I need to change the passport or can I add my surname on same passport?

or Can I go with the present name in Passport?

Please advice ....

You can go with the current passport but make sure never to fill your surname in any document in the future.

While you are in the US, you will be able to use only your first name (since you don't have a last name in the passport).

While filling any form, including visa form, SSN form, state id, drivers license etc, you always will have to use the name as it is on your passport.

Do not mention it to the visa officer that your last name was not added because of a mistake or whatever reason. Because, he/she might tell you to get your passport fixed and only then apply for the visa.

An officer at the SSN office once told me, your name in the US will now be as it is spelled in your passport (even if it is not correct).

Comment

Thanks for you reply.

But i have one more question.

As far documents are concerned,I have 10th and 12th certificates without the surname and that is why passport does not have surname and all other degree certificates with the surname.

Will there be any issue there?
      I have preperad one affidavit also mentioning that Daleep Kumar and Daleep
      Kumar Kheer is a single person.

Please let me know if that works......

Comment

Not sure about that. You can consult your attorney for clarification.

Comment

Can anybody provide me information on this?

<As far documents are concerned,I have 10th and 12th certificates without the surname and that is why passport does not have surname and all other degree certificates with the surname.

Please let me know if that works...... >

Comment

Daleep Kumar Kheer:

I guess, I already gave you detailed explanation in another thread that what could be done and what are possibilities?

What specific answers you want?

And affidavit is fine. Don't worry too much...Talk to your attorney who is filing your h1. They should be the best person, who can clear your doubts legally.

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice.]

Originally posted by dk67852 View Post
            Can anybody provide me information on this?

<As far documents are concerned,I have 10th and 12th certificates without the surname and that is why passport does not have surname and all other degree certificates with the surname.

Please let me know if that works...... >

Comment

Thanks Milda...

I think I should fo with the current passport only without any worries.

Thanks....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X