Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on LCA/H1

Hello there,

I am employed with company A on a valid H1 and an approved LCA to work in a location X in US. I have got a new offer in a company B and this company has filed a petition to transfer my H1.

I did receive the request number and it is in process; at the same time I received an approved LCA with the location Y in US I am supposed to join.

Queries I have is if I decide to stay back with company A and not join company B.

Will my H1 from company A become invalid (eventually when the new transfer petition gets approved).

What is the status of my current LCA with location X as I have received another approved LCA with location Y.

Appreiciate your valuable comments.

-AKG

Will my H1 from company A become invalid (eventually when the new transfer petition gets approved).
    >>> No. Unless company A revokes your H1B, it stays valid until the expiry date.

What is the status of my current LCA with location X as I have received another approved LCA with location Y.
    >>> I am not sure what you are trying to do. You need a valid LCA for the location that you work. If you want to go back to location X later, then a new LCA for that location need to be filed.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you Shervin for the response on the first query.

Let me clarify on the second query, the new company B with whom I have a new offer; have already processed the LCA for the new location CA. So my question was that

What is the status of my existing LCA (for TN); is it still active?
      and
      If I am not joining the company B, will the new LCA for CA will automatically become void and can I continue working with the LCA for TN.

Comment

That should not be a problem. You should be able to go back to Comany A and start working (For the location where they have filed the LCA). H1B petitions won't get automatically void.

Originally posted by gopanil View Post
        Thank you Shervin for the response on the first query.

Let me clarify on the second query, the new company B with whom I have a new offer; have already processed the LCA for the new location CA. So my question was that

What is the status of my existing LCA (for TN); is it still active?
        and
        If I am not joining the company B, will the new LCA for CA will automatically become void and can I continue working with the LCA for TN.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X