Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got a job offer, but question regarding h1b with history of rejection

here is a quick history of what happened before:

- h1b visa was denied in Indonesia in mid 2008 as i had an arrest back in 1999 involving CIMT
    - applied for a waiver which was approved a few weeks later
    - came back to the US and continued to work for the same company ever since

I was just offered a new job today. I was wondering if that rejection in 2008 would affect anything when i transfer my petition to the new company. I just want to make sure before I start any process. Thanks

Hard to predict. The best suggestion is to go for the transfer using the premium processing (15 days). If approved, join the new company. Otherwise stay back with the existing company.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Hard to predict. The best suggestion is to go for the transfer using the premium processing (15 days). If approved, join the new company. Otherwise stay back with the existing company.
      thanks for the feedback

anyways, i have accepted the offer and the transfer process will begin once i hand them over the required documents.

but i do have a question.... the history of my h1b rejection has been documented in the system correct? the processing officer will see that correct? or is the transfer process not as strict as the actual h1b interview?

Comment

They have every detail in their system and all information is accessible to USCIS as well as the consulates. How far will they go to approve an application for an H1B petition, well, that I don't know.

Originally posted by kaloi_hu View Post
        thanks for the feedback

anyways, i have accepted the offer and the transfer process will begin once i hand them over the required documents.

but i do have a question.... the history of my h1b rejection has been documented in the system correct? the processing officer will see that correct? or is the transfer process not as strict as the actual h1b interview?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          They have every detail in their system and all information is accessible to USCIS as well as the consulates. How far will they go to approve an application for an H1B petition, well, that I don't know.
          understood... i guess i will just hand over all the required documents, including my arrest info and h1b rejection. I hope everything goes well. Thanks again for all you help and wish me luck!

PS: the first time i filed for the h1b petition, I didn't mention abt my arrest (happened a long time ago and I forgot abt it) and the petition was granted... this was why i was wondering if the petition process was not as strict as the actual interview at the consulate

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X