Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best H1B consultancy for QA ppl

Hi

I am Sumit from India having 5.5 yrs exp in fucntional testing.Can somebody suggest me the best consultancy which doesnt charge any fees for H1B visa sponsorship ? Most of them charge a refundable amount of 3000$ which they pay back within 1 yr

Thanks
    Sumit

Normally as per rule its petitioner job to bear the H1 filing fees. No one here can suggest you which is best company.

But still you can find some list here:

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice.]

Comment

Also you can try

dice.com
      monster.com
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by milda View Post
        Normally as per rule its petitioner job to bear the H1 filing fees. No one here can suggest you which is best company.

But still you can find some list here:

Thats right Milda..but most consultancies demand a security amount so that u cant default on them once they have filed H1B for u...

Also I know this link but there are 1000's of companies...
        so was asking some exp QA person to recommend some gud consultancy

@shervin
        I have tried monster and dice but not much of success....

Comment

Then in that case, instead of giving money you can give them some verbal commitment. Or the best way is, join some MNC who can file for your h1. Normal experience is, MNC will not ask for h1b fees.

And normal experience with these kinds of consultants who ask for initial amount is, if you will stick with them for 1yr and take in written from them that after that they should return you the money back, then they will return it back. But again, it depends on you and your employer - how you can tackle them. Legally they have to bear this amount, but normally they are taking this money as a security deposit. So, the candidate will not leave them after landing. And because of this amount, the candidate will stick to them atleast for a year, so they can earn some money from you as it is their business. But as I told, it is totally up to you and your conviencing/ bargaining power.

Originally posted by esumitkumar View Post
          Thats right Milda..but most consultancies demand a security amount so that u cant default on them once they have filed H1B for u...

Also I know this link but there are 1000's of companies...
          so was asking some exp QA person to recommend some gud consultancy

@shervin
          I have tried monster and dice but not much of success....

Comment

thanks milda..but q remains same..

which consultancy do u recommend for QA ppl

Comment

Answer: No consultancy is recommended for qa ppl. All of them will exploit you, not pay on time or underpay, they will make false promises before you join them, threaten you if you are on bench without a project. The safest way to come to the US today is through a reputed MNC like Tech Mahindra, Infosys, Wipro, CTS, etc. They will pay for the visa, they will help you find accomodation, and you will have a good group to work with.

Comment

Thnx Dr Pepper

The safest way to come to the US today is through a reputed MNC like Tech Mahindra, Infosys, Wipro, CTS, etc.
                I had been already to Infy and TCS..The biggest chutzpah in these companies is that they dont have a specific project target hiring..I was hired as QA, put on bench on 15-20 days..and after that assigned to XYZ proj which has a vacancy....

All the above companies dont hire for H1B specially

TCS is worst in this case..When I got released from one proj after much fight (after 1.5 yrs !!), their HR team bluntly refused to send me to any onsite project or stamping H1B visa saying they have 2000s of candidates who already have visa and waiting for onsite

Seems UK is better than US..atleast u can get Tier1 and work for any company without any blood sucking consultancies

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X