Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension

Hi,

I am planning to apply for extension.Currently i am in first 3 year.I am working in the client place.My Client is refusing to give the Client Letter.My employer says that is very important to get the Extension.My Current H1b expires on aug 10th.

a) Is it possible to get the Extension without the Client Letter?
    b) Can I do the H1 transfer while i am applying the H1 Extension?
    c) If i apply h1 Transfer will they be giving 3 year or just the remaining period of the current H1(4 months)?
    d) Please advice different possibility so that i don't lose the next 3 years.

Thanks

a) Is it possible to get the Extension without the Client Letter?
    >>> Hard to predict. But it's very difficult these days without the client letter.

b) Can I do the H1 transfer while i am applying the H1 Extension?
    >>> Yes.

c) If i apply h1 Transfer will they be giving 3 year or just the remaining period of the current H1(4 months)?
    >>> Extension will be based on the project itenary provided by your new employer.

d) Please advice different possibility so that i don't lose the next 3 years.
    >>> There is no other option if you want to stay in H1B. Either you need to file extension with the current employer or you need to go for the transfer.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Currently i am working in this hierarchy My Employer-->Consulting Company--> Client. Consulting company say that they are ready to give the client letter.
      But consulting exist in different state than my client.

Will that consulting company letter be helpful for the H1B Extension?

Thanks

Comment

You will anyhow need to provide the letter from your Vendor as well (To be in safer side). Also, if the Vendor can give you a copy of the SOW between the client and the vendor, that will help a lot.

Originally posted by RameshBabuR View Post
        Currently i am working in this hierarchy My Employer-->Consulting Company--> Client. Consulting company say that they are ready to give the client letter.
        But consulting exist in different state than my client.

Will that consulting company letter be helpful for the H1B Extension?

Thanks
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X