H1B- Part time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B- Part time

My wife went part time on H-1B in the last three months of her pregnancy. Her employer filed an ammended petition for 20-30 hours before she reduced her hours. It has now been approved. She is back to work after her Family Medical Leave got over with the same employer and still working 20-30 hours. She wonders how long she can be part time. Are there any visa regulations which prevent her from working part time for a year or so. Can she work part time on her H-1 till our son is a year old ( as long as it is ok with her employer. When she has to go full time, will she will have to get an ammended petition filed again.

Also can an employer file I-140 for her while she is part time. At what stage she has to go full time.

How long time it takes to finish I-140 filing procedure ( I am a Physical Therapist- so no labour)
    Plz help... Thanks

My wife went part time on H-1B in the last three months of her pregnancy. Her employer filed an ammended petition for 20-30 hours before she reduced her hours. It has now been approved. She is back to work after her Family Medical Leave got over with the same employer and still working 20-30 hours. She wonders how long she can be part time. Are there any visa regulations which prevent her from working part time for a year or so. Can she work part time on her H-1 till our son is a year old ( as long as it is ok with her employer. When she has to go full time, will she will have to get an ammended petition filed again.
    >>> She can work part time as long as that amended petition is valid.

Also can an employer file I-140 for her while she is part time. At what stage she has to go full time.
    >>> Yes. GC is for future employment. She need to be working full time upon receiving the GC.

How long time it takes to finish I-140 filing procedure ( I am a Physical Therapist- so no labour)
    >>> Normally I-140 takes 90-100 days to get a result.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X