• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name change

Hi,

I hve got H1 Approval.
    My approval shows as Latha Viswanathan
    But my Passport shows Latha Balasubramanina.

Please advise me how to proceed for stamping. Should I show any certificates to prove my husband/father name......

What are the other relevant documents I should carry for stamping. Should I carry my tax papers..........

Regards
    Latha

Hey Latha!

I can tell by my expereince... that if you wish to have the visa stamped same as the passport then it would be more good and uniform...
    If your passport has your name before marriage...

A)And you want to stamp your visa with last name change after marriage...
    Then you can just add your husband name at the end of passport, as it is needed if you are married and...
    If you are newly married.. then you can get the last name changed on passport also...
    If you have a marriage certificate, then you just take it to the embassy while stamping and ask them if they can stamp visa with the last name changed on passport.. as I had name A on my visa approval but I got stamped with Name B on my passport when I showed my marriage certificate...

b) Stamp visa with same name as your passport...(before marriage)

In all cases bring all your original papers,visa papers, letter from employer, certificates, birth certificate, marriage certificate ( make sure your passport has your husband name added, in case if you are newly married or just coming to US

Passport and stamped visa are the main ID in US so you keep them uniform.. so that you have same name on Licence , Medical Paper ,insurance, employer.. means keep one name..

while you have choice to get it changed, if bring supporting document for what you want it to be... and fill the form with name you want on stamped visa...

thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X