Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for SSN, is there an ETA?

Hi,
    My wife has to apply for her SSN, she is getting her H1 stamped from India this week and will be returning shortly.

How long does it take to get a SSN?
    I heard that database of Social Security office and Immigration is different and it takes 3-4 weeks for the sync up.

Will it take a long time if we apply for SSN the very next day of her arrival?

Also, her POE is SFO and she would be applying SSN from RI - will that further delay the SSN process?

Appreciate an early response.

Thanks,
    Sumit

Normal experience is whatever you heard that is true. If applying on the next day, it will take more time then applying after 2 weeks. The reason is, it is taking some time to get the data from POE to SSN office. So, don't know how much it is true, but my observation is, apply after 2-3 weeks of landing.

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice.]
    Originally posted by sumsriva View Post
    Hi,
    My wife has to apply for her SSN, she is getting her H1 stamped from India this week and will be returning shortly.

How long does it take to get a SSN?
    I heard that database of Social Security office and Immigration is different and it takes 3-4 weeks for the sync up.

Will it take a long time if we apply for SSN the very next day of her arrival?

Also, her POE is SFO and she would be applying SSN from RI - will that further delay the SSN process?

Appreciate an early response.

Thanks,
    Sumit

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X