X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B unique FAQ's

Hi All,
    I had a few questions regards to H1B:

1) If H1B is stamped and is valid but never used to go to the United States, how long is deemed valid and till what time can it be used - either from the actual H1B sponsoror or transferring to a new H1B sponsoror ?

2) Is it possible to transfer and H1B from the original H1B sponsoror to a new one - without going to US or working for the original sponsoror in US ?

3) What if there is a contract between the H1B sponsoror and the employee to work for a minimum period and the employee breaks the contract ? This contract is made on plain paper and is signed in India.

Pls let me know your opinion.

1. Visa remains valid as long as the date on it along with a valid I797 from any employer.
    2. Yes
    3. No employer can force one to work for a specific period. What you have signed is for you to deal as per the law of the country you are in. As far as US goes, all states are right to work states and you can quit any time. Liquidated damages are still valid and can be claimed. Read more and do some research.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X