Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enter USA after H1b Rejected!!!!!!!

Hi,

I worked in US on H1-B for 2 years and I applied for H1-B extension and it was approved for another 3 years.

I came to India for stamping and my Visa got rejected after administrative processing( for 3 months ) under 221(g).

I have 2 options with me to enter USA:

Option 1:

I have my B1/B2 Visa with 10 years multiple entry.
    I'm planning to visit US on B1/B2 visa.

The reason at the port of entry wold be : I have some properties and belongings which i should take care ( example : Car , Loans , Credit cards , Appartment lease etc) and I do not want to compromise with my social security information by depending on someone to take care of my things.

Option 2:
    My Wife is on F1 and she will sponsor me for F2. My wife is on OPT and it will end by this June(2010).
    She will join Phd so that she can sponsor for F2.

Please tell me which option will have less probability of rejection and please recommend me of any other options.

Thanks in advance.
    Su

Option 2 is more advisable. On option 1, on POE they will ask about the letter from the company who invited you on B1 and for how long time? And in that case, if you will not be able to satisfy them, they will send back to you.

Originally posted by devas View Post
    Hi,

I worked in US on H1-B for 2 years and I applied for H1-B extension and it was approved for another 3 years.

I came to India for stamping and my Visa got rejected after administrative processing( for 3 months ) under 221(g).

I have 2 options with me to enter USA:

Option 1:

I have my B1/B2 Visa with 10 years multiple entry.
    I'm planning to visit US on B1/B2 visa.

The reason at the port of entry wold be : I have some properties and belongings which i should take care ( example : Car , Loans , Credit cards , Appartment lease etc) and I do not want to compromise with my social security information by depending on someone to take care of my things.

Option 2:
    My Wife is on F1 and she will sponsor me for F2. My wife is on OPT and it will end by this June(2010).
    She will join Phd so that she can sponsor for F2.

Please tell me which option will have less probability of rejection and please recommend me of any other options.

Thanks in advance.
    Su

Comment

Thanks for the reply Milda.

Actually I have B1/B2 ( B2- can be used for visitiong purpose ).Moreover the reason at the port of entry wold be : I have some properties and belongings which i should take care ( example : Car , Loans , Credit cards , Appartment lease etc) and I do not want to compromise with my social security information by depending on someone to take care of my things.

If I go with option2( F2 ) --- At the time of stamping , will the officer get a doubt that my Idea was to enter USA at any cost ? Since my Visa was rejected just a month back ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X