Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 approved but..

Hello..
    i'm in a situation where my h1 has been approved..but i'm required to go out of the country to get the visa stamp before i can begin working !!

anybody ever heard of this ? pls advise..how to get around this problem ?

thanks,
    nish

did u have an f1->h1 transfer or was it simply an h1 extension. In either case as long as you have an approved i-797 and a valid I-94 , you need not have to go out.
    Give some more details about your case?

Comment

more details..

hello..

Thanks for replying. It was an F1-H1 transfer. and while the petition for H1 was approved, the change of status was denied. Apparently, I had not maintained my F1 status at/before the time I applied for H1. So I cannot begin work before I go out of the country, and get the change of status approved from a US consulate.

However, I have all necessary documents (fee receipts, enrollment papers) to prove I was maintaining status at all times.

In this situation, is there any way I can resolve the issue w/o having to leave the US ?

Thanks.

Comment

Usually, as long as you have approved I-797 you need not go out of the country for stamping. since in your case you have not maintained your F1 status at the filing of your H1 INS might have suggested you to go out of country. Once you get that kind of notice from INS there is no other way.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X