Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help - studying on H4 internship in India

Hi all,

I am currently studying in a state university on a H4 visa. I get to pay in-state tuition. Since I am not eligible to work here, I have got a summer internship (May-August) from my home country (India). My husband's H1-B has to be renewed in May and we are awaiting his EAD.

Can someone please tell if there will be a issue if I go to India for summer internship? I am worried because I think H4 visa is a dependent visa, but I am studying towards a professional degree in a state university. So, when I come back, if the immigration authorities ask me, if I am studying what should I do? Will there be a problem?

Expecting a reply soon.
    Thanks!
    Heartsong.

H4 dependents are not suppose to work in U.S. When you leave the country, you are no longer in H4 status. So, whether you work in your home country or not is irreverent.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you very much, shervin143! My concern is also that, when I come back the immigration asks me about studying on H4, will that be a problem?

Thanks,
      Heartsong.

Comment

Studying in H4 is permitted. What is the issue here? I don't see anything.

Originally posted by heartsong View Post
        Thank you very much, shervin143! My concern is also that, when I come back the immigration asks me about studying on H4, will that be a problem?

Thanks,
        Heartsong.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you shervin143! I was not sure. So, I wanted to confirm.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X