Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valid H1 Visa and Indian Passport Expiring soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valid H1 Visa and Indian Passport Expiring soon.

Hi,

I have valid H1 Visa and my indian passport is expiring on July 2010 and I am traveling to india for 3weeks in April.. while entering, there will be any problem at POE ?. Because my indian passport has less then 6month validity and I am planning to renewal passport once I land here...I read in some site that in india we can renewal passport with in 2 weeks, is that true..?

my question are.

1) I can enter usa with out renewing indian passport, Once entered, renewal indian passport here

2)Apply for renewal in india and wait for passport, If I didnt received passport within 2 weeks, I can enter with my old passport.

please tell me posssible options..

My suggetion is: instead of taking a risk, if any Indian Passport office nearby your city in US, then go and get it extended.
    That is true that now a days, in india, you can get the passport within 2 weeks, but that is for smooth condition. You know that in case of complexity, the risk will be high.

In the case, if your passport doesn't get extended -the risk will be, at POE, they will issue I-94 till passport validity only. So, again you have to visit the POE airport to get your I-94 extended.
    [Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice.]

Originally posted by visitor109 View Post
    Hi,

I have valid H1 Visa and my indian passport is expiring on July 2010 and I am traveling to india for 3weeks in April.. while entering, there will be any problem at POE ?. Because my indian passport has less then 6month validity and I am planning to renewal passport once I land here...I read in some site that in india we can renewal passport with in 2 weeks, is that true..?

my question are.

1) I can enter usa with out renewing indian passport, Once entered, renewal indian passport here

2)Apply for renewal in india and wait for passport, If I didnt received passport within 2 weeks, I can enter with my old passport.

please tell me posssible options..

Comment

How are you planning to do that? Don't you have to submit your old passport when you apply for a renewal?

Originally posted by visitor109 View Post
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

OP
        Please share your experience !!!

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X